Society member Sørina Higgins has just published The Chapel of the Thorn by Charles Williams. This verse drama was previously unpublished, and is now available for the first time.
The Chapel of the Thorn is a two-act verse drama in which Christians and pagans contend for control of the Crown of Thorns. Its themes of spiritual tension, sacred vs. secular power, and religious war are as powerful now as they were when Williams wrote this play just over one hundred years ago. It was published for the first time by Apocryphile Press in November 2014. It is a lively, compelling drama in which hints of Williams’ distinctive themes can be traced.
Some resources for interested readers:
- Purchase the book on Amazon
- View the publisher’s page about the book
- Read a selection from the text of the play
- Watch a talk by Sørina Higgins about finding the manuscript
- Watch a dramatic reading from the book release party.