Do you have a paper about Arts & the Inklings burning a hole in your pocket? Good news!
Call for Papers: Arts + The Inklings, September 28-30, 2016
The 2016 Verge Conference at the School of the Arts, Media + Culture
Trinity Western University in Langley, British Columbia, Canada
This interdisciplinary arts conference invites presentations on topics relating to and stimulated by the work of the group of Oxford authors known as The Inklings—including C.S. Lewis, Owen Barfield, Charles Williams, and J.R.R. Tolkien, as well as friends such as Dorothy L. Sayers, and their literary mentors, earlier writers such as George MacDonald and G.K. Chesterton.
We invite presentations on such topics as…
· The Inklings authors’ contributions to the arts
· Translating their work into other media–film, theatre, music, visual art; the relationship between faith and story
· The relationship between faith and story
· The Inklings’ legacy as culture critics
· The role of friendship and mentorship in their/our/others’ artistic creativity
· and other topics related to the theme
· Dr. Michael Ward
Senior Research Fellow at Blackfriars Hall, University of Oxford
Author of Planet Narnia (Oxford University Press, 2008).
This conference welcomes submissions from any discipline that explore the topic under consideration. Proposal deadline is May 15, 2016. For more conference information visit twu.ca/vergeconference